Wednesday 19 July 2017

I Deleted My Website

After months of considering it, I've shut down my website. My reasoning was really simple. I got the website to host my blog on, and then had gotten some terrible writer's block (which is not unusual for me). That coupled with a new bout of depression just knocked me for six and I started feeling panicky and guilty whenever I thought about my website. I'd paid for it and it was just sitting there, not being updated, not even being looked at. I couldn't gather the strength to write posts, or think of ideas, or anything.

Blogging also became a chore, something to worry about. I used to enjoy it. Then I was holding myself up to ridiculous standards that I couldn't meet, all because I'd spent money on it. I know eventually that I will have to have a proper website, if I want to get anywhere with the blogging thing. But trying to force something that you're not ready or willing to do isn't the way to go about it either.

It took a long time to admit that I was wasting the money, that maybe I'm not ready to have an actual paid-for blog yet. I tend to worry that people who don't have a shiny domain to host their blog don't get taken seriously. But I have to be a bit selfish at the moment and consider what's best for me. I know I won't be updating consistently, so coming back to Blogspot and 'casual' blogging is the better option at the moment. Hopefully people will continue to read my posts and understand that I still want to blog.

Honestly, I feel so much better now. I feel like it won't matter if I'm having a block, or creative drought, or whatever. Because I can come back to it when I'm ready, and that's so important. I won't make any promises as to when I'll be posting, or what, but I hope it's soon.

1 comment:

  1. You did what was beat for you at that moment and this is what matters! I will read your new posts here 😊 keep us in the loop when they come up! X
    Bea

    ReplyDelete

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥