Wednesday 24 April 2013

A Brush With Summer

Pictured: Every English person's reaction to sunshine.

For once in our lives, us Englanders got a bit of sunshine today. I always love it when the sun comes out because it's like everybody wakes up; everyone laughs more and there are more people outside walking, doing the garden, kicking a ball about, etc. It's just nice to stroll around without needing a jacket and feel the cool breeze and photosynthesise a bit (please don't ask - I've been telling people that I photosynthesise for years.. I promise I'm not just a giant, sentient piece of plant life). Not to mention everything looks so much brighter when the sun shines - colours stand out more vividly and everyone looks just that bit nicer.

I sound overly sappy and pretentious, I know, but it's bloody rare to see the sun around here! It felt nice to get out of the house and get some air in my lungs. Plus I am cold-blooded like a serpent so the warmth was wonderful for me. I get disproportionately angry when I'm too cold.

Just a short one, but I think this plus my introductory post will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥