Friday 18 September 2015

Apple Events Suck

On Wednesday, Caz and I went to London to see a talk featuring Martha Howe-Douglas, Ben Willbond, and Laurence Rickard. They were promoting their new film, Bill, which is out today coincidentally! It's about what William Shakespeare did in his 'lost years' (or, what the Horrible Histories crew decided he did). It was really funny, and of course so surreal to see three amazing actors that I love in front of me.

Can't really see Martha because of that STUPID PILLAR.
Afterwards, we quickly dashed to the back of the room where Larry was chatting to someone. We got a quick hug from him, and got to tell him he's hilarious, BUT THEN.
I must rant about the Apple Store in Covent Garden. They had another event lined up straight after the Bill talk, but they were so rude to everyone. They started fielding Larry into a back room, and telling us to get lost basically. They threw all of the fans out who had come to meet the actors; Caz and I were especially pissed off because we'd travelled 2 hours to London to see these guys. We later found out that they threw the actors out straight away as well! We wouldn't have been so upset if they hadn't been so bloody rude about it. Not to mention the fact that that store is absolutely gigantic, they could have easily directed us to another area to meet/talk to the actors. It was so unfair as every other publicity event for Bill had the actors meeting people, and we got nothing. I won't be going to another Apple event; it was disorganised and a let-down, and the staff were absolutely dreadful to us.

We stood outside in the pouring rain (it had been hammering down all day, which only added to how annoyed and let-down we felt), and were moaning about how badly done the event was and how we only got about a minute to hug Larry and tell him he's fab. Then, I spotted Ben Willbond walking by! Literally, if I'd have blinked I would've missed him. So I quickly went over to him and asked if I could speak to him for a bit.

He was so lovely, and sighed in a defeated way when I called him 'Ben Won't-bond'. I also let him know that I loved him in The Thick Of It, and got a big hug from him. I may have also accidentally told him he's so much more handsome in real life (which is true). He was just as baffled as us about the poorly-run event, and was really guilty and gutted that he hadn't had a chance to talk to everyone and meet the fans. I was livid hearing that even the actors got treated like shit by that bloody store. He obliged to have a photo with Caz and I after we'd chatted for a bit, which was utterly lovely of him. He was on his own time, and it was pouring with rain, but he still had photos and was gracious and sweet the whole time. He was amazed at how far we'd come just to meet them, and was really sad that we didn't get to meet Martha or Larry (properly, I mean). I really am so mad at that Apple Store and the staff """running""" the event. But here is a lovely lovely photo of me looking like ugly trash next to the very handsome Ben Willbond!


I also saw this huge, (very) brightly-lit billboard in Leicester Square and had to immediately send a photo to Susie:


We went to see Legend on Tuesday, and it was just incredible. If you haven't seen it already, I urge you to do so! Tom Hardy was phenomenal in it; if he doesn't at least get nominated for an Oscar, I will be very surprised. The man did a fight scene with himself, for crying out loud. Susie and I joked that he could technically win Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor for the same movie, as he plays both of the Kray twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥