Friday 24 May 2013

London Comic Con 2013 - Day 1

After only two hours of sleep, Caz and I braved the journey to London Town. We arrived at Judith's on time and with no trouble, only to find a host of post-it notes scattered around her flat, telling us where we were sleeping and other essential details. We found this on the sofa:


Which was incredibly helpful and informative. There was also a note on a pack of cookies, inviting us to help ourselves. Judith, it seems, is the perfect hostess. We got over the horror of travelling and walking to her place in the pouring rain and then set off to ExCel!

It was fun to see lots of cosplayers milling around and chatter excitedly about what was to come. After a gigantic queue in what appeared to be an SCP containment hangar (complete with people cosplaying SCP employees), we were given our wristbands and let loose upon the many stalls and attractions waiting for us. It was magical - we really didn't know where to look first! Here is a photo of us looking rather overwhelmed and shell-shocked:


We mostly spent the day getting to grips with the new environment and browsing the many wonderful stalls set up in the area. Obviously, money was spent straight off, mostly on edibles from Cybercandy and Tofu Cute; I finally found some Panda Pocky, so I was happy! I also got a t-shirt with Daryl Dixon on, saying 'Sorry Brother' (the bit just before he shoots Dale in season 2) and it's fab. Caz got an OMFGItsJackAndDean shirt that says 'It's pronounced Fac-e-book' on it - this was amusing as she bought it from Jack and Dean themselves, after much coaxing from me to go over and say hello (she loves their videos and was excited/nervous about approaching). They were really sweet guys and laughed when Caz told me to "OH, FUCK OFF." after I looked at her standing silent and scared and said "You are shitting yourself, aren't you?" We got a big hug each from both of them too, which was a nice thing and also they are shorter in real life.

A terrifying but fulfilling moment in my life came after Caz and I had eaten a delicious burger called 'The Guv'nor' and witnessed Master Chief from Halo hugging The Mask. We saw a Slenderman standing eerily to one side and I said, "Slendy! Hey Caz!" Caz tried to get away, but I nudged her towards him saying "Say hello to Slenderman, you love him!" At this point, Slenderman began to follow Caz without her realising, gliding along in a terrifying manner. We both screamed Markiplier-style when we noticed him, and then I asked him for a hug. That was the terrifying but fulfilling thing. I hugged a Slenderman. I fear the nightmares will never end.

There was so much to look at in the con that I couldn't possibly list it all, but I've spied several interesting objects that may or may not become mine within the next two days. I want to take some photos of the amazing costumes I see, and there may be a vlog in the pipeline for after the weekend, including as many fun clips as I can get on my camera. It was a really, really fun day, we didn't stop until we got back to Jude's this evening, where she presented us with dinner she'd prepared - a sausage and apple plait with potato wedges. Delicious!

I'm in such a good mood - it's great to see Caz again, and today was so much fun. Tomorrow, if the weather is nice, we will have a small outing to Camden at some point - if not, there is still the wonderful con to spend the day at again.



P.S. Also, we tried some shaved ice in mango and strawberry and it was so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥