Monday 27 May 2013

London Comic Con 2013 - Day 3


We went forth to the third and final day of Comic Con yesterday. The day was much the same, with many fantastic (and horrible) costumes, browsing the cute merchandise, and getting annoyed at the many fools who couldn't seem to get out of people's way. It was a very plushie-themed day, with me buying myself a pastel green-and-purple Gloomy Bear (I've wanted one for years) and Caz buying herself a hilariously squishy ghost plush, a Domo-kun dressed like a rabbit and a small Domo-kun dressed as a panda for me. She also treated me to a cute steampunk octopus necklace that I adore!

After Caz and I had met the loveliest Lara Croft cosplayer (who was incredibly tall), I was loitering by the Batman figurines and spotted Drew and Shane! This was lovely as I haven't seen them in over a year and I've missed them quite a lot. Lots of hugs and catching up ensued, and the three of us were smiling way more than normal for us sad goths. It was great to see them and they seemed to enjoy my Gloomy Bear - "Does it have pink blood coming out of his mouth?" Shane asked with some disgust.


We took advantage of our last chance to get hold of some Japanese snacks minus excessive shipping costs, said hello to Jack and Dean again, and sat outside in the shade watching lots of amazing cosplayers going by. I asked a Squall Leonhart how he wasn't boiling to death in his leather jacket and trousers, to which he replied, "I am boiling to death." He looked absolutely awesome though, so his suffering paid off. A lot of the time outside was spent just looking around at everyone because there were so many different costumes - a personal highlight was when the entire Fellowship from Lord of the Rings trooped past us.

It was another lovely day with absolutely glorious weather, and the reason I'm writing this blog now is because yesterday involved getting back home from Judith's. Lugging many heavy bags, and my heavy heart at saying goodbye to Comic Con and Caz, I had to get the Tube to King's Cross and then barrel onto the nearest train that would take me to Hatfield.

By the time I got to Hatfield, I had missed a bus by two minutes and had to sit there for half an hour waiting for the next one. I didn't mind much because it was wonderfully cool and fresh outside and I could rest my aching feet for a while. When I got home, I was so exhausted that I just dumped my things in my room, ate some dinner, then went to bed. So here I am! I will be reviewing the videos tomorrow to see if there's enough decent footage to make a vlog out of - if not, I'll post a few separate clips.

My verdict on Comic Con? It's absolutely packed and hectic, but so much fun. Definitely worth going, and I'd like to thank Caz for getting me a weekend ticket as my 21st birthday present! I had a great time, but now I have to face reality and look for a summer job to make rent money - boooooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥