Thursday 30 July 2015

Baby Ethan, My Dysfunctional Knees & Losing 25% of My Wisdom

Mum, Ryan and I went to visit Liam, Ashleigh and Ethan on Monday. It was the first time I'd seen the little man since he was born, and he's so perfect! He's tiny and quiet and placid, and I love him already. Liam and Ashleigh were so cute too - they couldn't stop looking at their little boy, like he was a small miracle. He napped most of the time we were there, occasionally opening his eyes to peek out at everyone. It was so great to see him, and to see how well Ashleigh is looking.


My knees are still in pain after my collapse on Saturday (and probably from subsequently walking for miles on the same day, oops). I went to orthopaedics at the hospital on Tuesday and got an X-ray. Apparently my cartilage and bones are ok, and I have 'weak muscles'. I don't understand how, seeing as it's my actual knee that gives way and locks up and all the rest of it. But I'm willing to play ball and go to the physiotherapy I've been referred to. Anything that'll help the pain I'm in will be good.

This morning, I had my top right wisdom tooth removed. My dentist was really nice, and reassured me through the whole procedure (which was surprisingly quick). The numbing injections weren't too bad - what creeped me out the most was the nasty crunching sound I could hear as he pulled the tooth out. When he was done, I got up and was shaking uncontrollably because I am still pretty scared of the dentist, and I imagine the trauma of getting a tooth ripped out makes your body react weirdly. But I'm pleased with myself for going and getting it done, despite my fear. My mouth hurts a bit now, but I've had painkillers which has taken the edge off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥