Wednesday 22 July 2015

From My Bed of Pain

I'm stuck here for the day having just had surgery on my big toes. They have such large dressings on them that I look like I'm wearing huge marshmallows, it's pretty hilarious. The anaesthetic is wearing off though, so they'll soon be stinging away. The upside is that there's a 95% chance of me never getting an ingrown toenail again. Which I think is a fair enough exchange for a few days of pain and rest.

I am utterly dreading going to the dentist tomorrow morning, for a few reasons..
  1. I've not been to the dentist (apart from back in 2013 for my wisdom tooth blues) since I turned 18. That's a good 5 years of just winging it, which is dreadful.
  2. I'm scared of being told off by the dentist, because my old dentist (who was the last straw for me not going for so long) was so rude to me all of the time.
  3. I have a huge, inexplicable phobia of that hook-shaped scrape-y tool that the dentist uses to scratch and poke at your teeth - pretty sure it's called a scaler?? I was talking to my psychologist about it the other day and was actually sweating and shaking just thinking about it. Luckily, Caz is an angel and is coming with me for moral support (and to tell the dentist off if he's scary).
But the dentist's office I'm registered with is housed in a gorgeous Victorian building up in Old Town, so that cheers me up somewhat. At least I'll be in a pretty environment while I'm tortured with the hook-shaped scrape-y dentist tool.

It is 6 days until Ashleigh's due date, which means we'll soon be welcoming my new nephew into the world! I'm so excited to meet him - this year has been so crap in so many ways, but the thought of a new little life beginning is buoying me up. I made Ashleigh a gorgeous dark and white chocolate layer cake when Mum and I went to visit her last Sunday (and it was delicious, I have to say!) just to give her a lovely treat. We're all just hoping and praying that baby stays put until Liam gets back home on Friday!

I'm looking forward to the weekend because Susie and I are going to be having a brilliant day/evening out in Bristol. It'll be so much fun - I love Bristol, and haven't been (for leisure) in aaaages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥