Wednesday 17 February 2016

Berlin - Going Home

01:33, walking down Weinmeisterstraße
   
I'm walking back to the hostel with a huge Dildo King poster in my handbag that says "Love me Ständer" (Ständer means erect penis, which is crude and disgusting and simply lovely) that Sou ripped off of a bridge for me as a souvenir.

Seeing Sou tonight was nice; we had a bloody laugh again and discovered a cute bar called Volksbar. The decor was really comfy and cushty, like an old attic/living room, and I instantly loved it.


I introduced Sou to the wonders of frozen strawberry daiquiris and vodka cranberry, I taught her more amazing British slang, and she said the best thing in relation to the old actors we fancy: "...Because good men are like good architecture - disgusting, horrible, and OLD." I honestly thought I was going to die from laughing so hard, because it's so damn true. I really love spending time with Sou and I'm so going to miss her when I go home. We took some really attractive selfies, and I took a photo of her inside a 'gay tunnel' we found:



I'm feeling pretty glum because I have to go back to England tomorrow, and I won't really have time to do anything tomorrow (also I can't be bothered to drag my stupid suitcase all over the city). I just want to stay here forever and live irresponsibly for my whole life.

14:21, Tegel Airport
   
It's just over three and a half hours until my flight leaves, which sucks. Getting here was a pain in the ass, but only because of my luggage and broken inner compass.

I've been to the souvenir shop and gotten a few bits and pieces. I got Ryan a statue of the Brandenburg Tor, a magnet and shot glass for Mum and Martin, and I bought myself a genuine chip from the Berlin Wall suspended in acrylic. I also got a tin of breath mints, not because of the mints, but because the tin has Berlin written on it with a silhouette of the city skyline. I plan to use it for painkillers when the mints are gone.

This airport is tiny and I'm so bored already.

18:09, somewhere over the Netherlands

Weirdly enough, as I was queuing to check my suitcase, I found myself in front of two boys from Swindon! What are the bloody chances? Of all the shit towns in England, they were from my shit town. They were gay and hilarious and we had some excellent chat before getting onto the flight. I love chance meetings and small-world moments! At the moment I can see cities out of the window because we're flying fairly low (I don't know why) and I finally got a window seat for once.

Horrible blurry phone picture out of the window.
We had the same wrap as I had on the way to Germany as a snack, and it was just as delicious as last time. I've also been coughing for a while now, but I think that's just the horrid dry air in here.

20:22, Heathrow main bus station
   
I am stuck here for two and a half hours. I tried to grab an earlier coach but it was full, which never happens and was super annoying. It's so cold in here, and there was just a lunatic yelling racial slurs at people. It was scary. God, I love being brought back to earth with a bang. By the time I get back home it'll be gone midnight, and I'm already exhausted and dehydrated. Also I feel like the coughing has gotten worse, but maybe I'm just being coated in London smog and I'm not used to it. I'm so glad for my portable charger or my phone would've given up the ghost on the plane and then I'd be really stuck because Mum is going to be picking me up from the coach stop when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥