Sunday 24 August 2014

Camp Quotes!

During my time at camp, I was collecting memorable quotes that I overheard. Most of them are from my fellow counsellors, a lot of them are from me (because I find myself hilarious), and some are from the campers. I thought I'd make a list of them here, to keep them safe.

"We've got a tree fallen down, there's a fire in the unit shelter, and we've lost our socks."
~ Sunny, on the radio to the office during the disastrous staff overnight

"What are they gonna make us do?"
~ London, in a panicked way, after seeing our supervisors putting bits of paper on a table

"I was in Team Moose. I have dyslexia and so for the longest time I thought I was in team MOSES."
~ Starry

Tim-Tam: Knock knock-
Tink: I'm taller than you!

"All my weight is on this back wheel, baby, this truck's not goin' anywhere!"
~ Pugs, sitting calmly in the back of a pick up truck at night, in the pouring rain, on an almost vertical road

"We worked well together, but we also played well together."
~ Sunny

"We should be in a fucking Hilton!"
~ Smiley, disgruntled during staff overnight

(playing Apples to Apples)
Tink: So, for boring..?
Smiley: I put William Shakespeare-
London: Ugh, he's long.

"You're beautiful on the... Everything!"
~ Burnzy tries to compliment me

"I can shout at your kids if you want me to - no one'll fuck with this accent."
~ Jen, when Smiley was complaining that her kids never listen

"Is it weird if I put my bra in my cubby?"
~ Nibbles

"Abraham Lincoln cause he's boring."
~ Tink playing Apples to Apples

"My Stussy is better than your pussy!"
~ Dappy when Nibbles (who was wearing leggings with cats on) laughed at her Stussy hat

Nemo: Brownie's just in her own world-
Brownie: I was thinking about Crocs.

(while playing Mafia)
Camper #1: You were the Mafia last time-
Camper #2: Yes I was, and I killed many innocent people.

(out of nowhere)
Luna: I had a green neck!
Me: ... That's not even the weirdest thing I've heard at camp.

"Luna, do clouds rub together? And do they make a sound when they do?"
~ Ducky, asking important science questions

"Yeah, I just want to laugh myself into a coma."
~ Me

"Stupid ankles! What's the point in having them if they never work!?"
~ Me, after twisting my ankle

"I'm not scared of bears or anything, I'm scared of ghosts."
~ Indi, explaining why she didn't want to walk up to Sky Meadow alone in the dark

"All I know about Stephen King is that he's scary and that he watched his best friend die."
~ Squirrel

(during a human knot exercise)
Camper: There's an odd number of people!
Squirrel: There's an even number of hands!

"Remember when Luna's hair was a volcano."
~ Me

"Whose taco did Hailey put her arm in?"
~ Me to a camper

(at lunch)
Camper #1: What's that smell?
Camper #2: Probably me.

Camper #1: Someone should wake Pepper up - it's time for lunch.
Camper #2: No, that's not a good idea! Let her sleep!

"Why are you stroking a packet of biscuits?"
~ Starry

"My dad is the cutest little fucker going around."
~ Jen, after getting a nice text from her dad

(at lunch)
Camper: Are you vegetarian?
Me: You just saw me eat a pepperoni pizza!

"The headlines will be: Old Woman Kills Herself on Portable Climbing Wall."
~ Pugs, climbing on the wall the National Guard lent us

"Don't poke me with a hard taco shell!"
~ Me to a camper (who was in fact poking me with a hard taco shell)

"I'm a wise little Buddha, sitting here on my pretzel legs."
~ Me, for no reason

"She thinks she's the best thing since sliced lesbian."
~ Tink

"I'm all hot flushes from saying goodbye to Kiwi, I feel like I'm going through the menopause."
~ Starry

"It better not be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, because tHAT'S GOT AN I IN IT."
~ Pugs, trying to guess a word in Wheel of Fortune

"It better not be a vegetable, 'cause I won't know it."
~ Pugs, still trying to guess the word

"Is Piranha using her bra as a pillow?"
(She was)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comment moderation is on, so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't show up right away ♥